Hook: 2x-3x nymph hook. Size: #8 – 12.
Thread: 6/0-3/0 depending on hook size.
Weight: Optional bead or lead if desired
1. Apply bead (if used) on hook and secure on hook shank with thread wraps.
2. Pull small pinch of Simi Seal for the tail and secure on hook shank above the barb, tying in the middle of the clump.
3. Fold forward facing clump back over the thread wraps and tie down again, forming the tail.
4. Body will be formed by what I call the simi seal dubbing technique. No wax is used.
5. Thread should be hanging just in front of the tail.
6. Apply enough dubbing to cover the thread from the hook shank to the tip of the bobbin.
7. Hold the thread, the dubbing and the tip of the bobbin between your first finger and thumb.
8. Wrap up the hook shank….never loosening the grip with your fingers.
9. The material will get tighter around the thread with every wrap. I wrap up and back over the hook shank forming desired body shape. You may have to loosen the grip if it gets too tight. I usually apply two separate dubbing clumps.
10. After achieving the desired body size you want, tease out fibers with a Velcro dowel or stick.
11. Tie off, whip finish twice and re-tease with Velcro.