Hook: Gamakatsu SC15 #2-#3/0
Thread: Uni 6/0 White
Eyes: 3D Molded eyes
Weight: (If desired) Lead wraps covered with mylar
Body Material for Diamond Hair Streamer: Arizona Diamond Hair
1. Invert hook (upside down now) and tie in a pinch of material in the middle of the clump behind the hook eye.
2. Fold rearward facing half of the material over the hook eye and tie down right behind the hook eye.
3. Reinvert hook and tie in material for the upper portion of the fly using the same method. Darkest material should be tied in first. This will be the top of the fly.
4. Build the body of the fly by adding more layers of subtly different colors. I use three or four for the upper portion and one below. This helps minimize fouling problems. More or less could be used to form the desired baitfish shape.
5. Reinvert hook and fold back lower body material, bringing it up close to the hook shank. Glue the material tight to the hook shank
6. Reinvert hook again and do the same process with the upper body materials. At this time, hold the material back with your left hand and coat the head area with 5 second brush-on nail glue. It only takes a few seconds for it to set. I glue the lower body close to the hook shank. Add eyes, recoat and go fishing.